Friday, April 4, 2014

Carnage - Review




I love him, from the
instant I set eyes on him when I was just 11 years old I have loved him and
nothing will ever change that, he owns me, he owns my heart and he owns my body
and no matter how many lies are told, no matter how many people conspire to keep
us apart, despite the fame and the distance, we will find a way.

"Georgia
Rae, when we made love you used to cry" ... He waits for me to sing my
bit. I try to swallow down a sob but I just end up singing through it...


"I said I love you like the stars above, I'll
love you till I die"

Carnage
is an edgy coming of age love story that breaks all the rules and transcends
the decades. Georgia and Sean's story will stay with you long after you read
the final word. 


An emotional, smoking hot, gut wrenching read.

This is part #1 of a 2 part story but can be read
as a stand alone.











I am a born and raised Essex girl now living on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula, just outside of Melbourne Australia, I moved here with my husband and three sons in 2006.

Carnage is my third book and was written originally and can be read as a stand alone but I have been convinced by bloggers and readers to write a follow up, so it will be with you later this year.
My first book was Saviour, then it's follow up Resolution, which completes the series.

Not only do I love to write but I also love to read and can devour a book overnight if the story grabs me.
I love watching my sons play football and am very partial to a glass of wine, a nicely chilled Marlborough Sav Blanc being my favourite








My Review

SPEECHLESS….. This book has rendered me absolutely, positively speechless. (Problem is I am going to have to write this review so I am going to have to make my heart and my brain function together to put it into words for you)

First let me say, if you are not into emotional reads then this story is definitely NOT for you! I am not sure how Lesley Jones was able to pull out so many emotions from me while reading this book, but well done!!! She wrote a book that put hope in my heart one minute but then had the capability of ripping it out and stomping on it the next. It was a rollercoaster ride and in the end I am shattered and waiting for book two.

You will find yourself torn between two leading male characters…. Sean and Cam. There were things about both of them that I loved and there were sides of them that I didn’t like…. But I was torn with who I wanted Gia/Georgia to be with. Usually I am able to pick one over the other and have a “Team” to be on but this was hard…. I guess for me it will always be Sean since he loved her first. I think deep down it was always her for him.

The ending….. left me shattered….. and now who will pick up my pieces???? I was not expecting it to end that way which probably is what makes it such a great book but wow…. Talk about devastating and gut wrenching! I will not be the same after that. How will I be able to move on???? Lesley Jones, you have brought me to tears and made me feel for these characters and I will never be the same after reading that ending. Just…. WOW!




No comments:

Post a Comment