Thursday, December 26, 2013

Thorneless - Review



Buy Links!




** SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN’T READ BOOK ONE**

I hate him..I love him..I hate that I still love him but I do. My parents, my life, my happiness, my heart….he has officially taken all of them from me now. Yes, I am the wilting dying Rose that once belonged to Sebastian Thorne. He had given me back my life, but little did I know he was the very one who had taken it all away from me from the start. I hate him…I love him. 

I never expected Lucas Drake to walk back in my life when I was at my lowest and darkest point. He promises that he will help me heal this pain, but in order to do that he says I need to get away from this town. Maybe he is right. There is nothing here for me anymore but painful memories…and Sebastian. Maybe the only way for this Rose to survive is to do the one impossible thing. I Skylar Rose… must become Thorneless.



Thorneless playlist
Stay- Rihanna Featuring Nikky Ekko
Red-Taylor Swift
Better Than Me-Hinder
Burning Bridges-One Republic
Too Late To Apologize- One Republic
Wait for You-Elliot Yamin
Radioactive- Imagine Dragons
Just Give Me A Reason- Pink Featuring Nate Ruess
The One That Got Away-The Civil Wars
Hero-Enrique Iglesias
Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart- Alicia Keys
When I Was Your Man- Bruno Mars
Broken-Seether Featuring Amy Lee
Lose To Win - Fantasia
Breathe Me- Sia
Love Hate Thing- Wale
Sad-Maroon 5
Here With Me- Susie Suh x Robot Koch
Wrecking Ball- Miley Cyrus
Florence and the Machine- Never Let Me Go
Losing Your Memory- Ryan Starr
Poison & Wine- The Civil Wars
What Now- Rihanna
Hold on We’re Going Home-Drake
Say Something- A Great Big World Featuring Christina Aguilera
Unconditionally-Katy Perry



Excerpt:

About twenty minutes later, he is turning onto an old gravel road that leads to a large pasture.  He parks the truck and turns off the engine before climbing out and walking out into the field alone.  He crosses his strong arms in front of his body and looks up to the star filled sky above him.  Moments later, I see his broad back begin shaking and realization hits me hard.  He’s crying.  My strong, fun filled adventuresome Lucas Drake is now crying, and it’s all because of me.
I open my door and climb out of the truck and make my way to him.  I stand behind him and wrap my hands around his body.  It comforts me to be near him. We stand like this for a few minutes and I can tell his breathing is slowly returning back to normal.
“You say I treat you like glass.  Maybe that’s true.  But it isn’t because of the reason you think.  Glass breaks, but it also cuts.  Maybe I treat you that way because I’m afraid of being hurt again.  As much as you think you’re broken Skylar, so much of you remains unbreakable.  You think you know me, but you really don’t.   If you did, you’d see what’s right in front of you,” he says before he turns and faces me. The night wind blows my long hair astray and he lifts my face up to look at him.
“You’d see just how much I love you.  Look, Skylar!  Look into my eyes.  I love you!!  I have always loved you! I’ll always love you!  You’re enough for me just the way you are. You’re all I’ve ever wanted and all I’ll ever need.”
With trembling lips he drags his mouth across mine and I taste the perfect sweet blend of our tears.  He wraps his arms around me and I close my eyes to savor this.
“I’m so sorry Lucas.  I’m so sorry!” I say over and over into his chest. And just like that, the dam that has held back all the pain for all of these months breaks, flooding me with everything all at once.  The tears that I can normally shut off, now won’t stop coming. The pain won’t stop stabbing though my body.  I just stand there gripping ahold of his shirt and cry like I’ve never cried before in my life.
“That’s it, baby.  Let it all out.  Let it all go! Let the past go. I’m here now. I’ll always be right here.“









Mia fell in love with the literary world at a very young age and began putting her active imagination to pen and paper by the age of six. Over the years, she has filled up numerous shelves with her notebooks and journals of her favorite stories. Twelve years ago, Mia began drafting The Thorne Series and through encouragement of a close friend, decided to finally take the leap of faith to bring her dream to life. She openly admits to having a hopeless infatuation with her Kindle and suffers from the one-click book addiction (No intervention required). 

Mia is currently a stay at home mom who has mastered the fine art of making a PB&J sandwich in between laundry and shuttling kids to ballet and swimming. In her spare time (“What spare time?” She laughs), she enjoys photography, traveling, and having a girls night out with her pals. She enjoys the simple things in life, such as sleeping more than 3 hours per night and 10 minute showers without being interrupted by children yelling “mommy” from the other side of the bathroom door. 

Mia Michelle resides in Tennessee with her soul mate and husband of 18 years and their 2 beautiful young children. She is currently working on her Masters in Counseling and drafting her new series. 







My Review:

Stars: 4.5 brilliant stars

I think I have died a thousand deaths over that ending. Wow, oh Wow, oh Wow!!! I thought that my anticipation for Thorneless was bad..... it is now nothing compared to having to wait on Rose In Bloom to be released. 

Mia Michelle has done it again.... this book was fabulous. I loved the fact that it is told in different points of view to really see what each character is thinking. I wish more books would open up to more than one or two points of view in a story. Mia Michelle made me feel for each of these characters in a different way. 

From book one I was always pro Sebastian. Lucas squeezed into my heart though in this story... don't get me wrong, I still believe that Skylar and Sebastian are meant to be and are soul mates but I found myself enjoying Lucas' character more in this book. I feel like deep down he truely loves Skylar and wants to help her come back to life but in reality he isn't the person she longs for throughout the story. 

Skylar is so broken at the beginning of the story but slowly learns to enjoy life again after agreeing to work and travel with Lucas. You see her begin to open up over time but her dreams and thoughts always land back on Sebastian.

I don't want to give to much away but be prepared for an extreme cliffhanger..... although it could have been worse. I suggest you definitely read the two books in this series if you are looking for an amazing, heart-wrenching love story.

No comments:

Post a Comment