Monday, October 7, 2013

Never Say Never- Review

Never Say Never

By: Melinda Sutherland

Amanda goes through her young life having to survive experiences that nobody should have to. She was always quiet and found it easier to keep to herself, rather than share herself with the world. She struggled with being open and talking to anyone about what was invading her life. In her heart she believed it was much easier to keep her secrets to herself. Sometimes sharing your deepest and darkest with someone you love is the only way to free yourself. 


Will she ever be able to find that someone? Do the trials of her adolescence make her stronger in the end? Or will her world be turned upside down and she’ll be crushed under the weight of her love for another? Can she recover from the unthinkable? Will Amanda be able to pull through and find the one thing she’s always longed for and never really had…love?





Hello my name is Melinda and I am a new Indie Author. Yes I admit it I’m a newbie and came quickly crashing into writing. I also admit that I have the worst sense of grammar and punctuation out there don’t critique me on that here cause this IS unedited!LOL
I  live in a small New England town that is North of Boston. There I live with my loving and supportive husband and my two young boys. As you now know that I find my inspiration in other authors. I also have music, my amazing family, friends, and of course my awesome co-workers that all inspire me. I really enjoy reading, now writing, taking pictures, massages, coffee, chocolate, ice cream, and beer & wine.
I love to spend any free time I get playing with my boys, teaching them, taking family trips, spending time with my loved ones, going on quiet dates with my hubby, and crazy fun nights out with my girlfriends.
My first book is called Never Say Never. I self published this book on March 21, 2013. Very soon after hitting that publish button on Amazon I came to realize that my book needed a little more editing and to be revised a bit. So after some serious consideration I decided to take the book down and do what needed to be done to it.
It has taken me a bit longer than I would have liked but some things got in the way…..well that’s life for ya! I worked full force on it when time allowed and I managed to get it back up and for sale as of the end of July 2013. This book is a cliff hanger that will leave you wanting more. So be aware of that. There is a part 2 to follow, I am hoping to have it done and out in the winter of 2013 or Early 2014. Also in between I am working on another book which will be more on the contemporary romance side vs new adult.


Top Ten Book Boyfriends: 

1. Kellan Kyle (Thoughless Series By: S.C. Stephens)
2. Todd Armstrong aka:Shades (Strings By: Kendall Grey)
3. Victor Garza (Translation Of Love By: Alice Montalvo-Tribue)
4. Eric Reilley (Spark By: Brooke Cumberland)
5. Jeff Cartwright (Big Girls Series By: Jasinda Wilder)
6. Marcus Deluca (Disastrous By: E.L. Montes)
7. Chase Delany (Rock Stars Do It Series By: Jasinda Wilder)
8. Gideon Cross (Crossfire Series By: Sylvia Day)
9. Reid Connely (Love Series By: Melissa Collins)
10. Christian Grey (50 Shades of Grey By: E.L. James)



5 Fun Facts about me:

1. I have no sense of grammar or punctuation.
2. I never intended on being a writer.
3. I wrote Never Say Never in 3 weeks.
4. I think I fell in love with Chris too!
5. My birth name is NOT Melinda.



BUY Never say never

Amazon.com

Amazon.co.uk/

Stalk me


 

 
 
 

My Review:

Stars: 4

First, let me warn you….. There is a serious, smack-you-right-in-the-face cliffhanger…. I am in total denial right now. The ending has left me sitting on pins and needles waiting to know what will happen in the next book! It makes me want to go back and re-read the last several pages just to make sure I wasn’t dreaming (I tried pinching myself but apparently I am awake)!
The story begins with Amanda seeing a therapist regarding her issues she has gone through/experienced. Amanda, unfortunately, has seen and experienced more than any child should ever have to. Her mother is a recovering addict who goes from one abusive relationship to the next. In my opinion no child should ever have to see their mother being abused by a man. Her mom is the first one to encourage her to write her feelings down in a journal.
“You know honey, you can write your feelings down and you don’t need to let anyone see them. You can just write and then throw them away, keep them, or whatever you want.”
Amanda’s therapist also has her keep a journal because she doesn’t really want to talk about all the things in the past. You find out about a lot of her past experiences as she is writing them down in the journal. To say it is heartbreaking that one child had to experience and witness so much would be an understatement. You really feel for Amanda because life isn’t fair but at the same time how much can one person handle.
Amanda has two of the best friends in the world, Ann and Mark. They will do anything and everything for her. I think we all need friends like them! The best thing is even if what they do or say will make Amanda upset or mad they do it anyway because they are doing it in her best interest. When you have a friend that will put your best interest first… KEEP THEM!
With growing up you experience relationships and the trials that come with them. After multiple warnings from friends Amanda gets involved with an older guy named Brad. Brad is referred to as a total player but Amanda wants to give him a shot and they develop a relationship. He always says things that make her feel special and they don’t have a completely physical relationship but they have messed around. One day all good things must come to an end and Brad hurts Amanda…. Can she ever forgive him for what he has done? Will she ever be able to trust a guy again?
Several years later during her senior year Amanda meets Chris. Not only did Amanda fall in love with Chris but so did I!!!! HEHEHEHE! He is so wonderful to her and always makes things so fun. You fall in love while you read about them falling in love. It brings back so many old memories of first loves and high school times. Chris is definitely a swoon-worthy boyfriend. 
 
“You are amazing Christopher.”
“You just stole that word right from my mouth. Sorry I didn’t speak sooner, but you took my breath away.”
One quote that I absolutely loved was actually told from Chris’s mom to Amanda.
“I remember the day he came home from school and told us, ‘Mom…Dad I met the love of my life today in the library at school. She is beautiful and her name is Amanda Nelson. He’s truly never been as happy since he started dating you.”
I want this to be a spoiler free review so let’s just say that there are a couple more events that occur that will leave the reader hanging on to the edge of their seat. You are left wandering what will happen next!!! I cannot wait until the next book comes out!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment