Saturday, March 1, 2014

In The Stars - Review

 


Synopsis:
 
Caroline Reyes is starting her second year of college nothing like the first. Following a car accident over the summer with her best friend Raleigh she is now stuck with a bitch for a roommate as Raleigh recovers at home.

One Saturday morning starts off with a bang, literally at Caroline's door and leads to her needing to comfort a very distraught stranger. This brings Caroline into her first run in with Eric. She feels completely lust driven at just the sight of him, even though his words just piss her off. She can't shake the sensations running thru her though even after their brief meeting is over. Then comes Kyle and he is determined to get to know Caroline better and she feels the same way dismissing her earlier run in as just crazy hormones.

Now she is left with decisions having to be made and knowing someone is going to get hurt in the process. That someone could be her alone.

Caroline has always looked into the stars for comfort and reassurance since she was a little girl with her Daddy. Now she is looking up into them praying for the right answers and hoping they can help her along with her Daddy who is amongst them now.
 

 

Author Bio:
 
I live inVirginia with my husband and our three wonderful (at least typically wonderful) children. I love the privacy I have back in the woods surrounding our home. Honestly thru out my school years I was not a big reader then something amazing happened and I finally opened up my mind to the world of stories. I have some of the greatest and most supportive friends ever that without my sanity might be gone.
 
 

Book Links

 
 
My Review:
 
"When I think about Eric, I go all full blown lustful. When I think about Kyle, I feel lust as well, but it isn't as strong. Not as uncontrollable of a sensation as it is for Eric. On the flip side, though, with Kyle I also feel happy and important. Eric, on the other hand, seems to frustrate me and make me feel little."
 
Caroline has her world rocked and torn into two directions by two mouthwatering guys!!! Every girls dream right???? You would think so..... but what happens when your feelings start getting mixed up in your head and you must decide if their feelings are stronger than yours or the reverse you feel something and they don't.
 
“I was standing in a field, tugging on one end of a long rope. Strangely, though, it was me standing on the other end of the rope too. Then I realized there were two people standing in the middle of the rope. One being Eric, and the other being Kyle. I was playing tug of war against myself for these two men.”
 
Caroline meets Tara one early morning not under the best of circumstances but they form an instant friendship. I love their bond and how it blossoms throughout the story. We are able to watch their friendship grow and see their support for each other. Caroline meets hunk #1, Eric, through Tara. He is Tara's older brother. Their is an instant attraction for Caroline and you can feel that draw between them. It's a spark and it pulls the reader in and makes them want more interactions between Eric and Caroline but we are given these quick intense moments.
We also have Raleigh, who is Caroline's best friend. She is currently in physical therapy for a car accident they were in together. Kyle is Raleigh's physical therapist and he definitely has an attraction to Caroline! I found myself being drawn to Kyle and instantly falling in love with his character. He always seemed to say the right things and was so attentive to Caroline. He was like your all American guy and someone that ANYONE could fall in love with!
Not only was Caroline in a tug-of-war with her emotions but I felt like I was too as a reader! I struggled with my feelings towards each of the guys because I liked them both. Most of the time I can pick one out and say... that is the winner..  it was harder in this story for me! I wanted them both to win and in the end we all know that only one can be left standing. I truly enjoyed this read and thought it was a great story! It was quick and enjoyable!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment